February 21, 2019
A new opportunity has hit the market which is offering over a fantastic 6% yield in a central Marple location. Situated on Stockport Road, this larger than average, first floor flat offers spacious living accommodation throughout.
The property offers; its own front door which leads through into a useful lobby area with the stairs that lead up into the main flat. The spacious lounge is situated at the front of the property whilst the large double bedroom can be found across the landing. The fitted kitchen offers plenty of worktop and storage space and the large bathroom offers a four piece bathroom suite with separate shower and bath.
Based on the property achieving £550 pcm, it gives you a very healthy 6% yield. Given it’s location and spacious accommodation it will attract a wide range of tenants, from your first time renters to your professional tenant who needs access to the train station. The prefect property to add to your portfolio.
Currently on the market for £110,000.
February 20, 2019
We’re helping Marple-based Paralympic cyclist Colin Lynch to get to Tokyo 2020. Join us and Colin on April 14 for a charity bike ride starting from High Lane. 3 routes available to suit all abilities.
Details can be found here: www.tourfortokyo.co.uk
Sub-tweet: Advanced Online Entry only. Limited Numbers so don’t wait to enter. Everything you need to know on the event website.
February 20, 2019
by Rob Drummond
A group of teenagers wake up in a forest with no clue how they got there. They find themselves separated into two different teams but have no idea what game they are expected to play. With no food, no water and seemingly no chance of escape, it’s only a matter of time before things start to get drastic. But whose side are people on and how far will they go to survive?
A play about human nature, the tribes we create and cannibalism.
Mon 4 March @ 8.00pm
Tue 5 March @ 8.00pm
Wed 6 March @ 8.00pm
VENUE: All Saints’ Primary School, Brickbridge Road, Marple. SK6 7BQ
TICKETS: £6 Book online at https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/marpledrama
WARNING: Contains language that some people may find offensive. F
February 20, 2019
This year Marple Scouts and Guides are celebrating their 55th annual show at The Carver Theatre. The show is running from Thursday 21st March to Saturday 30th March. Tickets cost £7.00 for all performances except the last night which is £8.00. You can book them on their website. Your tickets will be available for collection at the theatre on the night of your performance.
February 18, 2019
- Close to one in three home hunters know the specific house or street they want to live in before starting a property search, according to new research by Zoopla
- Londoners are most likely to have a definite idea of location, virtually half (48%) have a specific street or house in mind. This compares to less than one in five across Wales and the South West
- If it’s not a specific street, then it’s most likely house hunters have an idea of what town they have in mind. A third of house hunters across the East of England, East Midlands, South East and Wales know which town or town(s) are of interest
- With just one in sixteen prospective home hunters having no clue as to their location of choice, as an agent, knowing the ins and outs of your local area is critical
February 18, 2019
- At £572.60, average weekly expenditure (all costs, adjusted for inflation) per household in the UK is at it its highest level since the financial year 2004–2005, according to data published in January 2019 by the Office for National Statistics.
- At £632.00 per week, households in owner occupation spend on average £52 more per week than those in the private rented sector at £580.10.
- Across the UK, the average weekly amount spent on a mortgage is £159.60, equivalent to 27% of total weekly expenditure. 44% of weekly mortgage costs are attributed to interest payments.
- For those in the private rented sector, rental costs account for 26% of weekly expenditure. Across London and Wales, the average spend on rent per week is higher than the average spent on a mortgage. In all but four regions, the differential is less than £20 per week.
February 13, 2019
A three bedroom end terrace property has just come to market on Underhill, Romiley and offers great potential to create a superb buy to let.
Located in a central location in Romiley this three bedroom end terrace which is in need of modernisation but offers great potential. It briefly comprises of; an entrance hallway with useful downstairs WC. The kitchen is located at the front of the property whilst the rear offers a separate dining room and lounge – these could be knocked through to create open an plan living space and in turn will appeal to more of the market. Upstairs there are two double bedrooms, a single bedroom and generously sized bathroom.
Externally there is a rear garden with mature flower beds whilst there are communal parking spaces out the front.
The property is currently on the market for £160,000 with ourselves and would achieve £750 pcm once the works are completed, returning over a 5% yield based on costs involved to modernise.
February 11, 2019
- The income for HM Treasury from residential stamp duty receipts fell by nearly £1 billion in 2018 compared to 2017. It is estimated £8.454 billion was collected in 2018, a fall of £926 million compared to £9.471 billion in 2017.
- 20% of the fall is due to the devolution of the tax income to the Welsh Government. On 1st April 2018, Land Transaction Tax (LTT) replaced Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) in Wales. Since April it is estimated the Welsh Revenue Authority has collected £177.9 million, from 48,140 property transactions.
- Across England, the revenue from the 3% Higher Rate of Additional Dwellings tax (HRAD) fell by 16.6%, while the number of properties purchased eligible to pay the HRAD fell by 8.7%.
- Nearly half a million (247,400) first-time buyers have benefitted from the introduction of stamp duty relief on the 22nd November 2017, the estimated cost to the Treasury £570 million.
February 6, 2019
Situated on Brindley Avenue, is this three bed semi-detached, recently refurbished property. Offering everything that a tenant could need internally and within walking distance to the centre, it certainly looks like a great buy to let opportunity.
The property has undergone a refurb including a new kitchen and bathroom suite. The lounge has an exposed brick fireplace complete with multi fuel burner whilst the newly installed kitchen/diner offers modern, low maintenance living. Upstairs it offers two double bedrooms and a further single. The newly installed bathroom offers a three piece, modern suite. Externally it benefits from off road parking at the front, a newly laid patio area and lawn.
The property would rent out for £825 pcm, as the property has been finished to a modern standard, giving you an encouraging 5.2% yield, based on the Guide Price of £190,000. You will be able to see an increase in capital growth over the following years, another reason as to why it is a great investment.
February 1, 2019
Recently in snowy Marple I reviewed the January lettings market for the SK6 area. Please see the video below for more info: